MBA Summer Intern
We’re redesigning the recovery process after an accident to ensure injured people get the legal, financial, mental health, and medical support they need to get back on their feet. As a consumer-centric tech startup, we’re doing it all in a way that challenges the bad behavior that exists in the traditional personal injury industry.
Our team at Mighty is full of talented individuals from top technology startups, insurance, law, and health tech companies who are eager to fix a broken system. We’re transparent and honest in our communication, we’re obsessed with building the best service for our customers, and we aren’t afraid to let our quirkiness and nerdiness shine through.
We’ve come a long way since launching but we’re just getting started - and we need your help to continue making access to holistic support after an accident more transparent, more accessible, and more just.
Mighty.com, a VC backed technology company, is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic MBA Intern to help build and support the origination, underwriting, and fund management efforts for its investment arm, CoOp Capital. CoOp has deployed $150m+ of capital in the personal injury litigation finance space to date, and in its next phase of growth this summer, concurrent with a fundraise, the team is looking for a talented individual to join them. This role is open to any candidates who are currently pursuing their MBA and have a strong background and interest in financial modeling, business development, and a try-anything attitude. The role will be based out of our NYC headquarters in Flatiron.
- Build financial models and write diligence memos on deals to support the investment process.
- Conduct research and analysis on new opportunities to support the team's investment decisions.
- Identify and canvas semi-warm leads for new investment opportunities and support outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with the broader Mighty team members on special projects related to the services business and product experimentation.
- Currently pursuing an MBA in Finance or a related field. Previous experience in investment banking, private equity, or venture capital is preferred but not required.
- Eagerness to work with a growing startup and willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to perform in-depth financial analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- HR Screen with our TA Manager to go over basic HR questions (15 min)
- Hiring Manager Interview to assess technical skills (30 min)
- Virtual Onsite consisting of two interviews:
- Take Home Case Study Review with our Finance team (1 hour)
- Conversation with our CEO (30 min)
Something looks off?