Senior Backend Engineer
We’re redesigning the recovery process after an accident to ensure injured people get the legal, financial, mental health, and medical support they need to get back on their feet. As a consumer-centric tech startup, we’re doing it all in a way that challenges the bad behavior that exists in the traditional personal injury industry.
Our team at Mighty is full of talented individuals from top technology startups, insurance, law, and health tech companies who are eager to fix a broken system. We’re transparent and honest in our communication, we’re obsessed with building the best service for our customers, and we aren’t afraid to let our quirkiness and nerdiness shine through.
We’ve come a long way since launching but we’re just getting started - and we need your help to continue making access to holistic support after an accident more transparent, more accessible, and more just.
Mighty is looking for a self-starting Senior Backend Engineer who has a passion for leveraging technology to solve social problems. In joining our talented (and rapidly growing!) engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on not only our products, but our ever-evolving culture. Our engineers feel pride in the work they output and hold themselves to high standards. You’ll have the chance to work on a multitude of interesting and technically challenging products poised to revolutionize a complex industry. You will be someone who excels in a fast-paced environment while helping to cultivate an inclusive environment where everyone feels support and a part of the team! This role can be based out of New York, NY or fully remote (US only).
- Producing high quality code
- Technical solutioning of product priorities
- Architecting elegant software solutions
- Giving substantial and high quality code reviews
- Contributing to grooming discussions/technical diligence
- Becoming a leadership figure among more junior engineers and providing mentorship where needed
- Championing the engineering team’s culture
- 5+ years of prior engineering experience, preferably on a highly technical team
- Experience writing Docker files
- Experience building software with a Python based backend framework at scale
- Significant experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc,)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- High EQ
- Eagerness to embrace new ideas, take risks, and be open to constructive criticisms
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with a modern front end framework like React
- Are comfortable getting around AWS’s cloud infrastructure
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have experience having either mentored or managed junior engineers
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!
Something looks off?