Firstleaf is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with an accounting team and other departments. Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
The Business Operations team is the backbone of Firstleaf. You’ll collaborate with all teams, helping to ensure that there are no financial or legal roadblocks to producing and selling great wines to our members.
This is a fully remote position.
● Participate in all areas of the monthly close process including operational accounting - GL, fixed assets, revenue, and accruals
● Includes preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis and reporting
● Preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting packages
● Manage the daily cash transactions, along with monthly account reconciliations
● Assist with annual financial statement audit and any other external audits as needed
● Provide support and respond to audit requests from internal and external auditors as needed
● Participate in various ad hoc projects and analysis
● 3+ year’s work experience required, preferably with Big 4+ public accounting experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
● Active CPA certification
● High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
● Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
● Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Pivot tables, ERP systems such as NetSuite
● Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complex department structure
● Experience supporting internal and external audits
Salary: $70,000-$90,000 dependent on experience
Working with the world’s best wine company isn’t enough? Seriously though, we offer remote work and unlimited PTO. We offer a competitive compensation package and stock option grants, plus choices with medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, and discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club!
Firstleaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Firstleaf is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.