System Engineer, Milan IT
Cuebiq is Italy's only true Big Data product company: we gather, analyze, engineer and visualize 5 billion GPS positions per day, with the mission of providing unique business insights and offline analytics to our clients through our SaaS Platform, Clara.
We are an élite team of young, passionate, talented and friendly data professionals. As our Site Reliability Engineer you will drive quality operations at scale, solving reliability and scalability issues with a software engineering perspective and collaborate with the Engineering, Security and Operations team.
Hence, you (our ideal candidate) are a software or system engineer seeking new challenges and willing to learn everyday something new: in Cuebiq we love adopting the latest technologies when they bring value to our processes.
On top of this, you must be delivery-oriented and with a strong technical background.
- Design, adopt and evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services
- Monitor big data processing jobs and a dozen of microservices
- Design and maintain scalable and repeatable cloud infrastructure, embracing IaaC
- Collaborate with software developers and architects suggesting them the best infrastructure solution for their needs
- Provide contribution in reducing and resolving production incidents
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services
- 2+ years of experience as Site Reliability, Software, System or DevOps engineer
- Experience with Linux systems management/troubleshooting
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (AWS ECS/Kubernetes)
- Experience with Networking principles
- Experience with Apache Kafka and ELK ecosystems
- Proficiency with IaaC language as CDK/Terraform
- Deep understanding of at least one hyperscale provider (we currently use AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies
- Willing to be part of a weekend on-call rotation (when needed)
We’re also looking for:
- The ability to say no — and to explain why
- Excellent English (we work a lot with the New York office)
- Excellent people skills, with a positive and collaborative approach
- Results driven mentality
The perks we offer:
- According to the latest covid regulations, we’re now able to attend our downtown Milan office again. We adopted a hybrid model, and provide 8 full weeks per year of full remote! In the others, you’re more than welcome to enjoy our ping pong table, lounge area and play Mario Kart.
- Working in a hybrid model we manage to set up different kinds of events, aperitivo after work and interactive games via Zoom, just to name a few. Having a good time together is always a good plan and is super important for us!
- We cover mobility expenses, offering yearly public transport subscriptions or a voucher for you to come around the office in an ecologic way
- Providing a good life-work balance has always been our priority. We believe people are important and we are committed to create a positive and supportive workplace environment
At Cuebiq, we strive for Diversity & Inclusion within our teams as we believe different life experiences and perspectives can enrich ideas, foster innovation, and enhance the products we create. We don’t want people who simply ‘fit-in’, we want you to bring your true, complete self to contribute to our company. We’re looking forward to your application!
Cuebiq, an expert in location intelligence and measurement, helps marketers and advertisers understand the true behavior of their cross-channel efforts. Positioned on the forefront of data privacy and using anonymized data, Cuebiq mitigates the risks associated with bridging the gap between online and offline consumer activity. Cuebiq helps complete the holistic view of the customer and their impact on your business. To learn more, visit www.cuebiq.com
Something looks off?