Business Development Representative
Crafty is growing our Business Development Team. We are seeking Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join the existing team!
Primary responsibilities will include seeking new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. The majority of your focus will be on outbound opportunities, but BDRs may also qualify inbound leads.
Crafty runs a highly strategic outreach process to a well-defined Target Account List. This is a creative role, and our most successful BDRs will be able to prioritize outreach, carefully consider creative ways to attract the attention of target contacts, and develop messaging that resonates with their needs.
Upon successful qualification of a lead, BDRs will pass those leads over to Sales Executives who will handle the remaining execution of the sales process. Our BDRs will work in a “pod” structure with dedicated Sales Executives who will be working across the same Target Account List. Your day-to-day will include:
- Creatively research targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting and discovery calls
- Work collaboratively with our Marketing and Sales teams to align on outreach strategy
- Execute outbound prospecting through a multi-channel approach: cold calls, email sequences, LinkedIn, client gifting, hand-written notes, and more
- Be a subject matter expert on the Crafty suite of services/products and how we solve high priority problems for our clients Develop and demonstrate expert knowledge of Crafty services and technology, as well as differentiating us from competitors
- Gathering insights, data, and new trends collected during client meetings to share with the Sales & Marketing teams
- Maintain and consistently update activities in Crafty’s CRM
This role is located in New York City. Tools include Hubspot, Zoominfo, Apollo, Linkedin Sales Navigator, ABM tools and other software that increases the productivity of our team.
Who we are:
Crafty is a centralized platform for workplaces to manage employee food & beverage programs across the globe. Whereas Crafty's competitors (i.e., Aramark, Sodexo, Compass Group) lack the technology to streamline operations, Crafty provides the services and the technology (e.g., reporting & analytics, inventory management, budgeting) to manage pantry, catering, cafe programs across the globe, as well as remote employee perks. On average, Crafty clients save 5%-20% through efficiency gains after switching to Crafty. The Crafty platform is used by some of the world’s top workplaces (e.g., DraftKings, Nerdwallet, Brex, Carta, McKinsey & Company, GoFundMe, Flexport, to name a few).
Who we are looking for:
- Proven sales experience with ideally 1+ years experience prospecting and/or closing B2B prospects
- Door to door sales experience (or any environment where you faced considerable rejections) is a plus
- Comfort with cold call activities to prospects
- Marketing experience is preferred but not required; we know the future of prospecting is strong content creation
- Track record of meeting and exceeding targets, and keeping a pipeline full of qualified prospects
- Proven ability to prospect and tenacity to find the decision makers within an organization
- Effective communications skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Strategic and detail-oriented planner with strong ability to identify and follow-through on leads to create new sales qualified opportunities
- Ability to work independently with high productivity
- Curiosity! You love asking questions and follow up questions! But retain what you learn.
- Extraordinarily out-going. You embrace meeting new people and are able to create real, fruitful relationships with a wide array of individuals.
- Entrepreneurial. You’re willing and excited to work within a high growth company with limited formal structure. You’re eager to test new things and seek continual improvement. You are a self-starter!
- Someone who embraces failure. Getting turned down by a potential client doesn’t bring you down. It makes you focused on how to rework the solution for future conversations.
- An on-the-fly problem solver. We are brainstorming to build an exceptional system within each client. It’s our job to WOW our clients, and it all starts with you as you’re often the first impression clients will have of Crafty.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead, which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.
- Exceptionally good listener. You read people well. Your EQ is off the charts, and you have a unique, even uncanny ability to pick up on people's needs without them even saying it.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Our target base salary for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 with OTE $90,000 - $100,000 annually in New York City. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including cost of living based on location, candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.