Test Automation Engineer
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Software Development Engineer in Test, you are responsible for contributing to our Automated Testing frameworks and strategy. We are looking for someone who is motivated by solving engineering challenges and designing process improvements.
- Are proficient and independant in writing automated tests
- Have a demonstrated proficiency in object oriented programming, preferably with Java
- Have a strong understanding of automated testing technology, tools, and frameworks (e.g., TestNG, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.)
- Have demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD and testing within a CI/CD environment
- Have experience working with frontend automation frameworks (i.e. Cypress)
- Shows an understanding that monitoring, logging, and alerting should be designed into everything you deliver to ensure that there is instrumentation for our support personnel to utilize
- Have experience working with and testing APIs
- Have experience with backend automation frameworks
- Are experienced at working on teams dedicated to owning, building and growing automated test suites
- Have a proven ability to evaluate and communicate priorities
- Have experience working with version control systems (BitBucket, Git, Mercurial)
- Have experience contributing to a code base and conducting Peer Reviews
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze testing results requirements and assist with developing the test architecture.
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify new feature requirements
- Assist with improving parts of the test automation infrastructure
- Assist with design and implementing an innovative automation framework in the test organization with QE.
- Design and run automated functional tests for the Frontend of our services and integrations.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers and engineering teams to contribute to test architecture and implement testing as a part of continuous integration.
- Diagnose and report issues and defects based on test failures.
- Work independently and communicate with the various teams involved with the release process and testing, emphasizing our integration teams.
- Manage pull requests and participate in code reviews.
- Coach and mentor junior TE & QE team members
- Assist with test metrics and reporting standards, analytics, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms
It’s also great if you have the following:
- Experience with Model-Based Testing
- Visual AI Testing
- Experience working with Microservices
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet your onboarding buddy
- Understand how we are organized in Engineering
- Get familiar with the tools we use to test, deploy, and track our work
- Spend time meeting your colleagues in Mexico City
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Learn how to build test cases/strategy
- Set up your test environment for the product(s) you will be supporting
- Join the Testing Guild
- Learn how to use our testing tools/framework
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Vales de despensa
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.