Full Stack Engineer
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Software Engineer, you will work with our Microservices technology stack which includes ReactJS on the front end, Java (primarily) on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka.
- 2+ years experience with Java or some other object-oriented language
- Demonstrated experience writing tests to maintain a high quality product and reliable CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in scalable environments such as GCP
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A working knowledge of Git or some other source control tool
- Experience with distributed stream-processing and pub/sub messaging systems such as Kafka or Flink
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent.
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do
- Full-Stack development with Java/Spring Boot/React
- Leverage 3rd party REST APIs to solve unique customer use cases
- Work closely with IT professionals from some of the most tech-forward companies in the world while maintaining our core principles of always striving to delight
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and help us grow one of the newest teams at the company
- Troubleshoot and update your product features in close coordination with Product, Support and other Engineering teams
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet with your onboarding buddy
- Set up meet-and-greets with stakeholders and your peers in other squads
- Learn how the engineering organization is structured
- Become familiar with how we plan, build and deploy work at BetterCloud
- Ensure you have access to all our software development tools
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Become familiar with the code base for the product(s) you support
- Ensure your local build environment is set up and functional
- Become familiar with the roadmap and priorities for your team
- Begin implementation of your team’s top priorities, working closely with the senior engineers and other team members
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.