Sr. Software Engineer
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Senior Software Engineer, you will work with our Microservices technology stack which includes Java (primarily) on the application side, ReactJS on the front end, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka.
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Experience designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring Boot
- Familiarity with cloud service i.e. Google cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Microservices, Docker, Kafka
- Demonstrated experience enhancing or creating software engineering and support processes
- A passion for learning and working with cutting edge technologies
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do
- You will be our first Sr. Software Engineer in Mexico City, and we’ll look your way for guidance along the way
- Leverage 3rd party REST APIs to solve unique customer use cases
- Design services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- Work closely with IT professionals from some of the most tech-forward companies in the world while maintaining our core principles of always striving to delight
- Mentor junior and entry level engineers
- Help define and refine the coding standards and API standards set by the organization, and ensure that team members have an understanding of both
- Anticipate future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes and regularly discuss improvements with the team
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet with your onboarding buddy
- Set up meet-and-greets with stakeholders and your peers in other squads
- Learn how the engineering organization is structured
- Become familiar with how we plan, build and deploy work at BetterCloud
- Ensure you have access to all our software development tools
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Become familiar with the code base for the product(s) you support
- Ensure your local build environment is set up and functional
- Identify technical mentoring opportunities for your team and a plan to provide that mentorship
- Become familiar with the roadmap and priorities for your team
- Begin implementation of your team’s top priorities, working closely with the staff engineer and other team members
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
At Bettercloud, we believe that our employees' gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age and other characteristics enrich our corporate culture and our workplace. That’s why we have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences allowing us to bring our true self to work. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment to DEI&B is non negotiable. Bettercloud is an equal opportunity employer and will continue to empower, celebrate and value our differences in order to grow community, safety and trust in our work environment. Join us and be part of an organization that celebrates and respects diversity. If you are interested in knowing more about our DEIB efforts, please visit our website: https://www.bettercloud.com/diversity/
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.