Senior Product Manager
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Sr. Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional product team consisting of product design, product marketing, product operations and engineering, and your mission will be to bring to market world-class solutions for discovering, managing, and securing SaaS applications.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrates the ability to drive cross-functional KPIs and prioritize based on a blend of quantitative findings and qualitative research
- Proven experience translating customer problems into a well defined roadmap and use cases that can be consumed and executed on by design and engineering teams
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Storyteller who enjoys sharing product knowledge and customer stories as a way of influencing others
- Excited by challenges of scale in taking a product with critical mass to the next level
- Superb written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives
- Enjoys meeting with customers, building external relationships, and evangelizing their products
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product teams and manage interactions across engineering, design, marketing and operations
- Positive, action-oriented attitude, open to ideas from all
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do
- You will be our first Product Manager in Mexico City, and we’ll look your way for guidance along the way
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
- Translate product strategy into feature briefs, epics, and user stories, using both qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization
- Manage and prioritize your team’s product backlog
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop pricing, positioning and messaging
- Serve as a subject matter expert for sales, sales engineers, customer success, support and professional services
- Meet with customers for user research into your initiatives, share our product vision and roadmap, and serve as a product expert
By the end of week 1, you will ….
- Begin to learn all about BetterCloud - our history, customers, and products
- Meet your peers in Product Management, Engineering, and Product Design
- Attend your first set of agile ceremonies with your team
- Be on your way to a great adventure!
By the end of 30 days, you will….
- Meet with customers, documenting your learnings while you shadow PMs and designers on discovery calls, roadmap reviews, and user studies
- Contribute to the definitions of the features you own, pushing us to deliver more impactful value to our customers sooner
- Fully step into the role of Product Owner on the engineering teams you work with, collaborating with your team to define their backlog for the next few sprints to ensure we’re working on what matters most
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Vales de despensa
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.