Vice President, Corporate Sales
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The extraordinary AlphaSense Sales team is split into two parts: Financial Services and Corporates. The Financial Services Sales Team focuses on sales to hedge funds, asset management, investment banking, and private equity And Corporate Sales is verticalized with a focus on the Fortune 1000 in the following sectors: Life Sciences, Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT), Energy & Industrials, Professional Services & Consulting, and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) & Retail. Both the Financial Services and Corporate sales teams have Enterprise and Mid-Market sales professionals, and there is an additional corporate team of sales professionals focused exclusively on Investor Relations.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished Vice President of Corporate Sales to join our growing Corporate Sales team, which is focused on selling to top Fortune 1000 companies. This is an opportunity to join a high-growth company, in a second-line management capacity. This person will be responsible for managing a group of sales managers, who are leading teams of Account Executives. The AEs are selling an award-winning product that is experiencing rapid adoption across all industry verticals. This person will own the strategic build out of the corporate sales strategy and be a significant driver of company revenue and growth.
Who You Are:
- An Accomplished Sales Professional with a proven track record in managing a team who meets/exceeds targets in a B2B SaaS environment. You understand Sales is both art and science, and clearly can articulate your version of the ‘science of sales’; what activity leads to success and ultimately what the team needs to do to consistently hit their targets.
- Inspirational Team Leader: This is a pure coaching role. Understanding how to motivate and lead a best in class team of Account Executives with a servant-leadership style approach to management is key.
- Hard-working and possessing a ‘never give up’ attitude: We have a highly-motivated team and a winning culture. We look for people who possess a natural tenacity and desire to succeed. You set the example for work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Data-Driven: Using data/insights to measure/adjust your sales strategy reviewing progress at regular intervals. This includes being able to provide regular reporting/status updates on your team's pipeline progress.
- A Strong Communicator: You have the skills necessary to manage a team and work cross-functionally across the organization to get the best results.
- Intellectually Curious: You know the right questions to ask and how to uncover business challenges at all levels of an organization from Analysts to C-level executives.
- Knowledgeable about the personas we sell into: Our product is sold enterprise-wide, but we have particular success within Corporate Strategy, Market Intelligence, Business Development, M&A, Investor Relations, and research-related functions.
- Develop and implement a scalable sales strategy that aligns with the company's growth objectives.
- Lead, expand, and mentor a high-performing sales team to achieve exceptional results.
- Establish and maintain key customer relationships, while also developing strategies to penetrate new markets.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify and pursue new sales opportunities.
- Provide detailed sales forecasting and set performance metrics to monitor and ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Stay abreast of Fintech / Market Data / AI / Corporate industry trends and competitor activities to adjust strategies accordingly.
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure the sales team is equipped with the necessary product knowledge and tools.
- Drive a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience, with at least 3 years in a second-line leadership role.
- Proven track record of scaling sales operations and achieving significant revenue growth.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and drive a sales team towards achieving exceptional results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with a knack for building and maintaining relationships.
- Deep understanding of the fintech market, including regulatory and technological trends.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinker with a hands-on approach to problem-solving and execution.
- Knowledge of value selling framework and MEDDPIC
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is AlphaSense's policy to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $220,000-$250,000
Additional Components: We offer a competitive benefits program, a generous commission plan with uncapped earning potential as well as equity.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.