Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Staff Software Engineer - Backend
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
We seek an innovative and passionate Staff Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in Enterprise Knowledge Platform solutions for Financial Data. You will join our team of world-class experts developing the Alphasense platform. The team is right at the core of what we do and responsible for implementing cutting-edge technology for building scalable, secure & reliable enterprise solutions.
You will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build, and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
About the Team:
Knowledge Management at AlphaSense is at the forefront of innovation in market intelligence, with a commitment to providing our users with the tools to capture crucial insights seamlessly, transform these insights into actionable intelligence, and make informed decisions that drive meaningful outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Design & write high-quality, performant, and industry-standard code
- Clarify requirements, Design & Implement effective solutions
- Evolve the technical maturity and ability of the organization by applying new technology and practices through constant learning and innovation
- Collaborate with teams in global locations and across functions in some cases.
- Follow the engineering processes, DevOps practices, and trends inside the company
- Develop product expertise, and technical mastery and contribute to a team
- Mentor & coach other engineers on the latest developments
- 8+ years of software development experience in building scalable, high-performing, and robust applications.
- Expert knowledge of SQL/NO-SQL databases
- Proficient in Java or Python and their ecosystems
- Experience in building cloud-native services
- Experience with containerization tools like Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Experience with Observability tools & platforms
- Experience with ETL/file handling at scale
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- Ability to carefully break down the problem into small pieces
Nice to Have
- Experience with writing RFCs and technical documentation
- Experience with CI/CD tools and GitOps. ArgoCD
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in software development
- Experience with ElasticSearch/SOLR/OpenSearch is a plus
- Experience with other programming languages like Rust, and Go is a plus
- Experience with full-stack development using GraphQL, Typescript, and NodeJS is a plus.