Senior QA Automation Engineer, Enterprise API Team
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content – including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
The AlphaSense Product Development Organization comprises great talent across Product, User Experience, and Engineering. We are a team of creative technologists who drive our product's innovation, execution, and delivery each and every day. Our mission in the API team is to provide a high-quality GraphQL API platform used by our enterprise customers and internal product development teams. This API is an integral part of our industry-leading financial research product, and the quality of this API will influence the success of our enterprise offering and have a significant impact on the productivity of our teams.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our API team. In this role, you will:
- contribute to the development of monitoring dashboards, conduct performance testing, and analyze service metrics
- lead the initiative for a shift-left approach and instills a culture of quality within the team, empowering and guiding the entire team toward a focus on quality.
- 3-5 years of experience in QA processes and automation technologies
- Experience in API testing (REST Assured and GraphQL are pluses)
- Experience setting up automated test frameworks and implementing tests for use cases along with the necessary reporting tools
- Knowledge of test automation best practices and patterns
- Experience with build, version control, and continuous integration tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, TestKube, etc.)
- Expertise in logs and traces analysis (Jaeger, Kibana) and service metrics tracking (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with an iterative Agile methodology and using tools like JIRA, Wiki
- Passion for software testing and quality
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
Considered as a plus experience with
- performance testing (k6 or other tools);
- synthetic monitoring;
- cloud systems (such as AWS, GCP, etc) and microservices;
- utilizing Kubernetes;
- event-based architecture (working with queues, events, subscriptions, etc);
- using Selenium/Selenide or any UI-based automation framework.
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more....
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.