Senior Software Engineer (Applications)
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
We seek a rockstar Senior Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in Document Search & Research relevant Monitoring solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
The ideal candidate has strong Application skills accompanied by solid experience working with cloud computing. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. You should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Min. 4 years of hands-on experience in building frontend and backend applications with React, NodeJS and relevant application technologies.
- Hands-on experience in developing Node.js backends, ideally in a GraphQL setting
- Experience developing web applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Good Experience in distributed & scalable system architecture
- Experience in scripting, cloud computing, and a variety of databases
- Experience with working on Microservices, GIT/ BitBucket etc
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- A genuine interest in working with various stakeholders to build the best product for the customer
- Fluent communicator in English with a team-first mentality
- Clarify requirements & design effective solutions to complex problems.
Nice to have
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo Federation is highly valued
- Experience building container-orchestrated services in the cloud (we use Kubernetes & AWS/ GCP/ Azure)
- Interest in growing into leadership responsibilities
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- competitive compensation package
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more information, please contact Kavita Nair on LinkedIn or by mobile at +91 8261940966 or by email: email@example.com.