Senior Software Engineer (TypeScript), Growth
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content – including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
Join our dynamic team of engineers in Helsinki who are passionate about building software with a "you build it, you run it" mindset. As a key member, you will play an instrumental role in the technical development of the team. The team is going to be a part of Growth mission, which comprises six teams aligned with the primary goal of accelerating users' time to value through top-tier activation, personalisation, users management and automation.
Your role will involve shaping the technical aspects of the Growth mission with a strong focus on application development using React and Node.js. This includes designing and implementing user interfaces, optimizing user experience, and ensuring responsive design. You will play a pivotal role in architecting both end-to-end solutions, setting the direction for cross-team collaboration and processes, and providing guidance to fellow engineers in their daily tasks. Effective interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders, including product managers, designers, and other technical leaders, will be an integral part of your responsibilities.
What we are looking for..
- Advanced knowledge of React, TypeScript and its ecosystem
- Fluent in working with NodeJS backends (ideally GraphQL)
- A genuine interest to work with various stakeholders to build the best product for the customer
- Fluent communicator in English with a team-first mentality
Nice to have
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo Federation
- Experience building container-orchestrated services in the cloud (we use Kubernetes & AWS)
- Interest to grow into leadership responsibilities
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more....
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.