Staff IAM Engineer/Architect
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com and check out the video clips.
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
About the role -
As a Staff IAM Architect, you will be accountable for providing day-to-day architectural and administration strategy and tactical direction of Identity Management, as well as support and provide mentorship for Identity Management project-based activities. The role is required to provide expert-level guidance and application of both corporate and engineering projects based on real-world experiences and best practices. The IAM Architect will seek to drive value and enhancement in the products and services provided to our businesses and to work closely with the engineers to prioritize alignment of enhancements and lifecycle tasks. Ultimately, the IAM Architect is the Product or Services Owner and is responsible for the quality of the product that is delivered. The ideal candidate has a strong drive and passion for Information Security, specifically the IAM space, and can effectively communicate the value it brings to the business.
- Build company wide Privileged Access Management (PAM) framework and Role Based Access guidelines to secure privileged accounts on identified systems
- Drive the technical vision and design to ensure security architecture is compliant with the least privileged model
- Define enterprise IAM security standards and policies to comply with governance control framework to ensure compliance and adherence
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert and a key decision maker for IAM architecture and strategy, including how it relates to cloud security, network security, and other platforms related to security efforts
- Work independently and self-directed, while also providing guidance and mentorship to the engineering and support teams within IAM
- Identify and manage IAM architectural issues of various platforms, applications, and systems, in order to plan and solution to problem resolution according to standardized processes
- Work with partner teams to implement the Zero Trust IAM framework.
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to develop a framework to classify applications and services based on risk, data types and use cases.
- Build health working relationships with partner teams to ensure alignment and progress towards Zero Trust goals.
- Advocate and evangelize for Zero Trust with stakeholders throughout AlphaSense.
- 8+ years’ experience working in Identity and Access Management
- Expert knowledge of authentication and authorization standards (i.e., SAML, OAUTH, OIDC, SCIM, etc.).
- Experience translating security models into an actionable strategy that solves key security problems and increases overall security posture in a large organization.
- Strong understanding of data management and classification
- Background in IAM/Authn/Authz systems
- Experience integrating third party systems to achieve security and usability goals.
- Fundamental understanding of Web applications including AJAX/JSON/CORS/CORB