Engineering Manager / TLM - Vector Search
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate staff software engineer or TLM with extensive experience in the area of vector search to join our Vector Search team within the Search & AI Platform org. The Search & AI team develops the next generation of Search infrastructure and AI platform, and owns the platform and services powering AlphaSense’s Search & AI product features. The Vector Search team’s edict is to drive innovation and build out cutting edge hybrid / vector search capabilities. You will work closely with a team of talented engineers to incept and deliver innovative and scalable solutions for our world-class AI-powered search platform.
- A BS/MS/PhD degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired, but equivalent experience will be considered as well.
- 2+ years of experience with vector search engines and hybrid search solutions, ideally as part of a larger RAG architecture.
- 4+ years of experience with open-source search engines (eg. Solr, Elasticsearch).
- A strong software engineer who can design large scale software systems, and write high quality code and tests.
- 6+ years of software development experience with building scalable, high-performing, and robust applications. Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Proficient in Java and/or Python, and familiar with IAC technologies such as Terraform and Crossplane.
- Experience in producing high-quality software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of systems and code.
- An excellent communicator with strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a cross-functional distributed team environment.
- Build out AlphaSense’s hybrid / vector search platform & capabilities, drive a step change improvement in the quality of search and help launch / improve key products such as the AlphaSense Assistant.
- Be the thought leader and domain expert for all things vector search for AlphaSense and drive innovation for AlphaSense in this area.
- Architect, design and implement highly scalable backend services powering AlphaSense Search & AI products.
- Own and improve the reliability, latency, and cost of hybrid / vector search infrastructure and services in cloud environments.
- Deploy owned services to single tenant cloud environments.
- Work with partner engineering teams to design, develop and optimize our search and document processing platform.
- Work closely with Product Management and Research to translate product requirements into software architectures.
- Provide technical leadership to implement best practices for software development.
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.