Director, People Systems & Analytics
Location: New York or Remote - US
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of people professionals with a diverse range of expertise, including talent, people relations, performance achievement, and systems and analytics, amongst others. In 2024 we’ll be focused on building robust People systems and processes that enable us to develop and scale our culture to deliver our strategic priorities and support exceptional performance across all global teams. We are looking for leaders and professionals to join our team who are committed to learning and growing themselves while creatively delivering solutions that have a measurable impact on employee experience.
About the Role:
The Director, People Systems & Analytics, will lead the strategic design, implementation, and continuous improvement of HR technology systems and analytics that support the People Team and overall organization. This role is pivotal in transforming data into insights that drive decision-making and support business objectives related to talent management, workforce planning, and organizational effectiveness.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for the ongoing enhancement and optimization of Workday to align with organizational goals
- Own the oversight and process improvement related to People tools, including creating and driving an adoption strategy for new and existing tools to create a scalable roadmap
- Lead the HR systems integration during mergers and acquisitions, ensuring seamless merging of disparate HR systems, databases, and processes
- Partner with our Payroll team on the implementation and consolidation of global payroll systems
- Build and coach a team as the organization continues through a period of hyper-growth
- Measure and assess the effectiveness of People programs, goals, and KPIs
- Turn data into actionable insights to be leveraged in business recommendations and coaching opportunities
- Build predictive analytic capabilities for the People team and drive strong People capital management through talent insights
- Define and design workforce planning and job architecture methodologies and plans in partnership with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT, legal, and other departments to ensure a unified approach to data security and compliance across the organization
- Build and administer People compliance efforts around global employment labor law, document retention, and data privacy requirements across multiple regions (United States, United Kingdom, India, Singapore and Finland)
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience in HR systems, data analytics, or a related field, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- You are an accomplished People/HR system and reporting professional with a proven track record of Workday experience and creating success in a hyper-growth organization
- You have experience implementing and optimizing existing global technology resources such as human resources information systems (HRIS), applicant tracking systems (ATS), and database/reporting tools (bigquery, looker)
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to drive organizational change through partnership with operational and business leadership
- You’re obsessed with data, insights, and the creation of more sustainable work environments
- You are detail-oriented and have experience managing large, global, enterprise-wide system implementations
- You are a pragmatic and thoughtful business partner who understands the importance of teamwork and collaboration
- You are a skilled storyteller, with the ability to turn quantitative data into a qualitative tale
- You are a DEI champion and know how to use data to drive strategy
- You are a leader of leaders with the ability to inspire
AlphaSense is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $190,000 - $211,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.