Workplace & Experience Specialist, London Office
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Manager, People Experience
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of seasoned professionals with a diverse range of expertise – spanning talent acquisition, business partnering, regional operations, and a growing core of functional experts in culture, leadership, talent, learning, organizational development, compensation, benefits, systems, and analytics. Building on the recent global launch of Workday, we are supporting the company’s continued hyper-growth focused on two core corporate objectives – building the operational excellence and scalable infrastructure to deliver our strategy while supporting profitable growth; and evolving our culture so it is optimized for delivering our strategy and supporting our growth and scale while attracting and retaining top talent.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Workplace & Experience Specialist to join our team at AlphaSense, based in London, UK. As the primary liaison for our London office, you will serve as the frontline for all facility and workplace matters, and key support on broader real estate objectives. Your responsibilities will span across various aspects of facilities management, including office maintenance, vendor coordination, and space optimization. You will also play a critical role in the employee experience, ensuring an organized, functional workspace and contributing to office-wide initiatives to create a positive work environment. This role is essential in providing administrative and operational support for our Global Workplace, Community and Experience Team so we can deliver a best-in-class experience for our employees. This role is 5 days in-office.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in administrative support, office management, or community-building positions (preferably in a high-growth tech company)
- Precise attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities while wearing many hats
- Proficient in Google Suite (Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Slides), and MS Office (excel, word)
- Strong sense of integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work-ethic, and compassion
- Approachable and accommodating to others, with the ability to push back where necessary
- Able to think proactively and find solutions as issues arise
- Operate with a strong customer service attitude towards employees and managers
- Desire to learn and grow within the workplace, community & experience function
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds boxes or items on a regular basis
What You’ll Do:
- Greet and assist all employees and guests by providing day-to-day front-of-office support, maintaining at all times the highest levels of helpfulness and friendliness
- On-site contact for building management and vendors
- Lead on the coordination of office repairs, security, janitorial, safety, and maintenance, ensuring the office is kept in good condition and conducive to employee productivity
- Oversee inventory, stocking and ordering of office supplies and snacks
- Coordinate catering and vendor deliveries for office lunch and events
- Collaborate with Global Workplace, Community and Experience team to plan and execute internal programming (volunteer events, happy hours, lunch and learns, etc)
- Reset communal seating areas and conference rooms after meetings (clean dry-erase boards, stock conference room supplies)
- Assist in onboarding new hires, including swag program
- Oversee visitor registration
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
- Coordinate and manage desk seating, hoteling and office moves
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.