Senior Product Manager, Knowledge Management
Location: London (UK), other locations may be considered
Reports to: Director of Product, Knowledge Management
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
Knowledge Management at AlphaSense is at the forefront of innovation in market intelligence, with a commitment to providing our users with the tools to capture crucial insights seamlessly, transform these insights into actionable intelligence, and make informed decisions that drive meaningful outcomes.
About the Role:
We're actively seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Knowledge Management lane. This role is pivotal in evolving our product's workflow and productivity experiences. You'll be at the forefront, enabling knowledge workers at corporations, consultancies, and investment firms to streamline the ways they manage and interact with information to ultimately generate insights for business and investment decisions. If you're someone who understands systems and can identify links within product experiences, especially when thinking about the tasks of someone who does research, synthesizes information, and collaborates with others, this opportunity is your chance to shape the future of market intelligence.
Who You Are:
- You've spent over 5 years as a product manager in the B2B SaaS sector, working with Enterprise customers and demonstrating your know-how.
- You take charge, initiate, and don't always wait for consensus to lead. Your history of results and proactive nature speaks for itself.
- Collaborating with various teams and aligning tech goals with business objectives is something you're good at, using market insights, customer feedback, and competitor data.
- Both your written and spoken communication skills are strong. You can explain product visions, inspire teams, and clarify product reasons effectively.
- You've worked with empowered designers and engineers, tackling system challenges. Your technical background is solid, and you're comfortable diving into in-depth technical talks to find the right balance between delivering values and technical complexity for your solution. You understand intricate user paths and can draft detailed product specifications.
- Adapting to change and prioritizing customer needs is second nature to you. You're good at understanding different customer needs and framing them appropriately.
- You're well-versed in using iterative and agile methodologies, ensuring projects are flexible, adaptable, and delivered in stages for continuous improvement.
- You have a track record of effectively collaborating with teams spread across different locations and time zones, ensuring smooth communication and project execution despite geographical differences.
We’d Love to See:
- Experience with productivity apps or roles related to them is a plus.
- You've been part of projects where you started from the ground up or introduced entirely new elements.
- User experience is on your radar, and you're detail-oriented.
- You've used design tools like Figma or have some design background.
- Adapting and learning in new situations is something you're used to.
- Any knowledge of financial research or corporate intelligence is a bonus.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify the Need: Research the market and understand user needs. Work with Sales and Clients/Users to determine where incremental or major functionality changes are needed to drive impact. Analyze feedback and data to make sure the team is making an impact that aligns with clients and Alphasense.
- Define the Roadmap: Plan out the product's direction and prioritize features by working with UX/UI Design and development teams. Make customer-centric product decisions based on qualitative user feedback and quantitative data analysis. Validate and reduce usability risk with early prototype interviews with users.
- Own the Product Life-cycle: Be responsible for key projects from start to finish including their ongoing improvements and feature deprecations. Define product vision and collaborate with other product teams and cross-functional groups (marketing, sales enablement, and account management) to achieve your vision. Make sure our products and processes can handle growth.
- Manage the Project Delivery: Write detailed product specifications and communicate essential requirements. Collaborate regularly with engineering teams and ensure everyone, including senior management, is updated on product direction and progress.
- Launch the Product: Release new features and make sure they're integrated into our communications, marketing materials, and training resources. Work with a product marketing manager to educate client-facing internal teams (sales & support) on the product's main features and benefits.
- Industry and Competitive Intelligence: Keep up with industry changes and use this knowledge to improve our product. Analyze competitors, talk to customers to understand their challenges, identify market trends, and develop strategies to meet user needs and ensure long-term success.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.