Senior Software Engineer (Java), Expert Insights
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,300 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
Join our dynamic team of engineers in Helsinki who are passionate about building software with a "you build it, you run it"-mentality. As a key member, you will be instrumental in managing the technical development of AlphaSense Expert Insights, a groundbreaking initiative where we conduct one-on-one interviews with industry and company subject matter experts, including thought leaders, former executives, customers, partners, and competitors. These experts offer invaluable perspectives that are typically inaccessible to investment analysts and other professionals.
Our commitment to delivering these insights extends to offering transcribed interviews through searchable and readable documents, audio formats, and a user-friendly iOS app. We even go the extra mile by providing additional features like text sentiment highlighting, the possibility to request personalized interviews, and direct communication with the experts.
Your role will involve shaping the technical aspects of AlphaSense Expert Insights. This encompasses overseeing document templating, processing, search indexing, and access management, all supported by a dedicated compliance portal.
You will play a pivotal role in building software and services, cross-team collaboration and processes, and providing guidance to fellow engineers in their daily tasks. Effective interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders, including product managers, designers, and other technical leaders, will be an integral part of your responsibilities.
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding of Java ecosystem
- Extensive knowledge of Spring-based applications
- Experience working with and designing solutions for relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Ability to contribute to NodeJS backend service work
- Ability to take ownership of architecture and technical design of projects
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
Nice to have
- Experience working with docker containers and kubernetes environment
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more....
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.