Engineering Manager, Expert Insights
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,300 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
Join our dynamic team of engineers in Helsinki who are passionate about building software with a "you build it, you run it"-mentality. As a key member, you will be instrumental in managing the technical development of AlphaSense Expert Insights, a groundbreaking initiative where we conduct one-on-one interviews with industry and company subject matter experts, including thought leaders, former executives, customers, partners, and competitors. These experts offer invaluable perspectives that are typically inaccessible to investment analysts and other professionals.
Our commitment to delivering these insights extends to offering transcribed interviews through searchable and readable documents, audio formats, and a user-friendly iOS app. We even go the extra mile by providing additional features like text sentiment highlighting, the possibility to request personalized interviews, and direct communication with the experts.
Your job as a seasoned software professional is to support our expanding engineering in Helsinki. In this critical role, you will supervise a new team, help engineers with career development, and contribute to technology strategy to develop AlphaSense as a top-tier engineering company.
Being a true servant leader with a solid track record in modern software development and cloud, you will be a force multiplier for our brilliant engineers. Your experience in software engineering helps you act as the glue between engineers, product managers, designers and other key stakeholders.
As a hands-on engineering manager, you have the ability to contribute to the development of the various Expert Insights features as the team scales up.
What we ask from you
- Ability to nurture team members through coaching and mentoring, servant leader mentality
- Constantly seek alignment and fluid collaboration with product managers, product owners and other key stakeholders
- Help teams to be accountable for technical delivery and align your teams’ goals with company goals
- Introduce, advocate and implement modern engineering practices and lean agile software development culture
Nice to have
- Experience working with docker containers and container orchestration systems (Kubernetes)
- Any experience in Search (Solr ideally), GraphQL, and the modern web is an advantage!
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more....
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.