Senior QA Automation Engineer, Expert Insights
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team
Join our dynamic team of engineers in Helsinki who are passionate about building software with a "you build it, you run it" mentality. As a key member, you will be instrumental in the technical development of AlphaSense Expert Insights, a groundbreaking initiative where we conduct one-on-one interviews with industry and company subject matter experts, including thought leaders, former executives, customers, partners, and competitors. These experts offer invaluable perspectives that are typically inaccessible to investment analysts and other professionals.
Our commitment to delivering these insights extends to offering transcribed interviews through searchable and readable documents, audio formats, and a user-friendly iOS app. We even go the extra mile by providing additional features like text sentiment highlighting, the possibility to request personalized interviews, and direct communication with the experts.
About the Role
We are seeking a full stack Quality Engineer to develop testing strategies, automation and manual tests, monitoring and performance dashboards for our best-in-class research engine focusing on areas like expert transcripts documents processing, compliance verifications and others.
You will join our engineering team of world-class software experts and be responsible for implementing, executing and measuring the automated testing of the AlphaSense product (using Kotlin, Rest Assured, Selenide, PlayWright and other tools). You will work together with the team of developers to ensure the overall functionality and quality of the software.
You will spearhead the shift-left approach and be responsible for establishing a quality culture within the team, enabling and guiding the whole team into quality.
- Strong knowledge and experience in programming languages such as Java or Kotlin
- Experience in API testing (REST Assured is a plus)
- Experience in Selenium/Selenide or any UI based automation framework (PlayWright is a plus)
- Experience setting up automated test frameworks and implementing tests for use cases along with the necessary reporting tools
- Knowledge of tests automation best practices and patterns
- Experience with build, version control and continuous integration tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, TestKube, etc)
Considered as a plus experience with
- performance testing (k6 or other tools)
- cloud systems (such as AWS, GCP, etc) and microservices
- event-based architecture (working with queues, events, subscriptions, etc)
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in QA processes and automation technologies
- Experience with an iterative Agile methodology and use of tools like JIRA, Wiki
- Passion for software testing and quality
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently
What You’ll Do
- Support the team to deploy the releases seamlessly by developing and executing automation test cases
- Work with a team of developers to ensure the quality and functionality of the product in the given time, propagating shift-left approach, enabling developers and building a proper test coverage.
- Develop (and help the team to develop) automation test cases and enable the applicable cases as part of CI/CD pipeline using cloud-agnostic tools and approaches
- Work on building a quality culture within the team by implementing correct processes, monitoring dashboards, functional and performance coverage, QA infrastructure in general
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing pre-IPO company
- Competitive compensation package (Base salary + stock options)
- Remote work and flexible hours
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Office benefits: coffee, soft drinks, snacks, access to gym and sauna
- Company-sponsored public transport or parking
- Work equipment of your choice (laptop, mobile phone, home internet, OS, IDE)
- Lunch and recreational voucher, occupational health care, company sports activities (floorball and badminton)
Interested? Let’s have a chat if this would be something for you!
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Lead Juha Mononen on LinkedIn or by mobile +358405256417 or e-mail: email@example.com