Financial Services Director of Account Management, UK
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Senior Director of FS
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Customer Success team is composed of our Product Specialist group, a team of highly trained product experts as well as our Account Managers, who provide strategic guidance to our robust book of business, spanning from Fortune 1000 businesses to some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
First and foremost, the Customer Success team members are value added partners to our clients. We are extremely consultative in our approach and will do everything we can to solve for client challenges through our product. We spend our waking hours obsessing over our customers and making sure they have the right data at their fingertips to make the best decision possible. We are responsible for retaining our customers, maximizing usage of the product and partnering with the sales team to uncover opportunities to grow our business.
About the Role:
The Financial Services Director of Account Management, UK is responsible for managing a global team of Account Managers who are responsible for achieving and surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and going deeper and wider in their accounts.
We are looking for a data-driven Director with strong leadership and management experience to expand our Account Management Team and help drive AlphaSense's business success forward.
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Passionate about learning and always seeking the next challenge
- You’re a systems thinker—you have a proven track record of turning processes that lack structure into effective, scalable systems
- You measure our success by the success of our customers. As an effective leader, you will instill these values in your team to ensure our customers are receiving an excellent customer experience
- You are obsessed with adding value to your team through coaching and feedback
- Ambitious, with impeccable integrity and curiosity
- You have significant experience building direct client relationships at the senior level and handling escalations—you relish in having real customer conversations
- Servant leadership is innate - you see leading people as a privilege and are committed to others success
- Strong communicator; able to parse nuanced data and draw actionable conclusions
- Deep knowledge and experience in the Financial Services space
- You have 10+ years of work experience in sales, account management, or client success with 5+ years of direct people management experience within the Financial Services space
- A high aptitude and willingness to learn. Because of our diverse base of clients, much of the technical knowledge required to succeed will be learned on the job
- Ability to distill and explain complex issues in simple terms
- Experience operationalizing the customer journey
- An intelligent, articulate, consultative and confident client facing professional
- Must have the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture
- Superior ability to develop rapport with new people, and to maintain relationships, combined with a positive and proactive personality
- Energetic and creative individual, possessing natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Effective time management and task prioritization when under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Ability and interest to work autonomously, and for a small fast-growing company. Someone can genuinely "make the role their own", so looking for highly motivated proactive individuals who make things happen, and want to play a large role in the company’s success
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll directly lead a team of FS Account Managers who are responsible for achieving and surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and identifying growth opportunities and helping them close in partnership with AE’s
- You’ll drive successful customer outcomes by increasing renewal rates and reducing churn, expanding revenue through building deeper relationships with our accounts, and influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption
- Revenue growth and forecasting, driving customer outcomes, talent management and development, and shaping the customer narrative through data
- Coach and mentor members of your team on call coaching, development, implementing best practices, and establishing accountability across the team.
- Provide transparency and insight of your team’s performance to the leadership team.
- Recruit top talent for your growing team
- You’ll be a critical part of our hiring and onboarding process; from interviewing candidates to onboarding and shepherding new hires in their first few month of ramp
- Collaborate with sales to drive successful growth outcomes
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.