Financial Analyst - Financial Data & Analysis
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
About the Team:
The Content team is responsible for identifying, creating/collecting, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management content collection operations and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing rapid growth across all content sets. We value and uphold transparency, trust and accountability in our relationships within the team and with external and internal stakeholders.
About the Role:
We are looking for financial analysts to join our Financial Data team. the right candidate has experience in financial analysis and modeling, genuinely loves number crunching, and takes pride in building great financial models, forecasting companies and stock valuations (SOTP, trading multiples, comparables, DCF…). The right person also has extensive experience with Excel and Financial data tools and products,
What you'll do:
- Maintain data integrity of the datasets and products clients interact with.
- Design and develop cutting-edge features. This position is especially challenging because you will be working with large and complex financial data sets.
- Participate in our effort to Identify and evaluate the right datasets we need, and then to incorporate those into innovative analysis, then work with Engineering to turn those concepts and ideas into actual product features for our users.
Designed Skills and Experience:
- Financial Analysis.
- Equity Analysis.
- The role requires keen attention to detail and solid financial/accounting knowledge.
- Previous experience as a financial analyst (ideally public or debt markets) 1-4 years
- Ultra proficiency with Excel
- Fluency with SQL databases
- Proficiency with data terminal tools
- Experience working with databases delivered in CSV or flat files
- Native fluency in business English is a requirement.
- Communicate well both in writing and orally.
- Collaborate with other team members and share information and insights.
- Enthusiastic and communicative- Understanding of and interest in financial statements, macroeconomics and valuation techniques.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works