AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
We are seeking an experienced professional to manage our India payroll function. An experienced Payroll Specialist will have strong grasp in managing end-to-end process for running payroll, maintaining compliances, handling team’s queries related to payroll, taxation, PF and other benefits. The successful candidate will possess a strong analytical mindset, good communication skills, vendor management, attention to detail and the desire to continuously drive improvements and simplify processes.
Reporting to accounting team management in the United States, you will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company, will have direct communications with employees, and will have a significant opportunity to advance your career as the company continues to grow.
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing for employees, ensuring compliance with local regulations and company policies
- Work with the Payroll processing Firm to ensure accuracy in calculations, statutory and tax withholdings before processing the payouts
- Collaborate with HR and Finance Teams to gather and verify employee data, leave balances and exceptional payouts
- Serve as a point of contact for employees to address payroll-related queries
- Evaluate, redesign, and establish new processes and procedures to streamline current payroll processing timeline from gathering inputs to appropriate accounting journal entries
- Assist with audits, filing of statutory compliances and labor law related returns including, but not limited to, Provident Fund, Professional Tax, Labor Welfare Fund, Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) and Gratuity
- Stay updated on changes in labor laws and taxation regulations to ensure tax and legal compliance
- Lead the process of payroll migration to a new global provider in early 2024
- Lead and execute special projects as required to drive operational excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in payroll processing and administration
- Proficiency in payroll software and MS Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas),
- Knowledge in Corporate Accounting or Finance to be able to post payroll related Journal entries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data processing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in English, with outstanding verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to follow-through.
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to handle sensitive employee information and confidentiality
Join us in this exciting journey as we seek a dynamic Payroll Specialist to lead, innovate, and transform our payroll processing tasks into an integral and strategic part of our organization's success. If you are a detail oriented individual with a passion for driving change, building teams, and envisioning the future, we encourage you to apply and become a vital force in shaping our company's trajectory.