Senior Software Engineer, LLM
Location: New York, NY
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join our AI & Search Platform team. The AI & Search Platform team develops the next generation of AI platform and search infrastructure, and owns the platform and services powering AlphaSense’s AI & Search product features. You will have a chance to work with a team of talented AI researchers and engineers to optimize and deploy the state-of-the-art Large Language Models to our flagship Generative AI products.
What you will do:
- Architect, design and implement highly scalable backend services powering AlphaSense AI and Search products
- Work with a group of talented AI Researchers to optimize our proprietary Large Language Models
- Deploy LLMs to production in a cost efficient way and own their life cycles
- Own and improve the reliability and latency of AI and search services in cloud environments
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures
- Work with partner engineer teams to design, develop and optimize our search and document processing platform
- Provide technical leadership to implement best practices for software development
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, and Computer Engineering
- Experienced software engineer who can design large scale software systems, write high quality code and tests
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying scalable cloud based backend services and APIs. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP
- Experience in optimizing and deploying large scale deep learning models (e.g. LLMs) in production
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a cross-functional distributed team environment
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $148,000 - $185,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.