Director of Engineering - Enterprise Technology
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
We are seeking a seasoned leader in Engineering Technology to join our dynamic team. Your role will be pivotal in shaping both the present and future technical capabilities of our enterprise solutions to distribute our stunning product to customer-managed environments - build better, install faster, and support efficiently.
In this key position, you will showcase your exemplary engineering and technology leadership skills as you guide discussions and chart the course of our strategy. By harmonizing product requirements and business objectives with technical capabilities, you will set the direction for our enterprise strategy.
In conjunction with enterprise development teams, you will build partnerships with the rest of our R&D, Cloud Platform, QA, and SRE teams in order to level up the maturity of our entire engineering operations to support Enterprise use cases. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with leading cloud providers, including AWS, Google, and Azure, further enhancing your influence on the technology landscape.
With significant responsibilities and the opportunity to make a tangible impact, you will receive unwavering support from our world-class engineering teams and domain experts!
- Be a technical engineering and technology leader accountable for the success of our enterprise mission
- Work alongside product leadership, sales, developers, and cloud teams to drive the business objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Assess overall alignment between business and technology roadmaps to support enterprise roadmap
- Provide architectural support for initiatives ranging from Proof of Concepts (PoCs) with new technologies to complex international multi-year transformational implementations (you can easily zoom out to see the big picture and zoom in to understand the technical details)
- Analyze, review, and modify solution architectures to increase operating efficiency and incorporate new product requirements
- Build world-class engineering teams to deliver our enterprise solutions
- Collaborate extensively with IT Leaders and technical delivery teams to ensure alignment of best practices and standards to support enterprise scalability
- Enable connections across functions and across the company and continually improve the health and collaboration of the organization as one of the engineering leaders
- 6+ years of experience as a senior technical leader in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience
- Proven track record for designing, developing, managing & launching large-scale enterprise single-tenant solutions in multiple cloud environments and several active versions of products with hundreds of customers
- Strong experience in Kubernetes Management & modern Cloud-Native stack
- Deep understanding of data gravity concerns, hybrid/multi-cloud challenges, and security infrastructure with excellent knowledge of AWS and GCP cloud computing technologies
- Strong interest in new and innovative technologies with a desire to work on pioneering engagements
- Experience architecting infrastructure as code using platforms like Crossplane (preferable), Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, etc.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, designs, and protocols
- Extensive experience in integration with 3rd party products (both business and technical)
- Large enterprise experience with IT-specific domain knowledge, Architectural Design Patterns, Cybersecurity and IT infrastructure
- No fear of being hands-on to prototype POC or show the way by example
- Launching products on public cloud marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure) is considered a strong plus
- Experience working with LLMs is considered as a plus.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.