Senior Software Engineer, AI Platform
Location: New York, NY
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join our AI & Search Platform team. The AI & Search Platform team develops the next generation of AI platform and search infrastructure, and owns the platform and services powering AlphaSense’s AI & Search product features. You will work closely with a team of talented engineers to deliver scalable solutions for our world-class AI-powered search platform.
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, and Computer Engineering
- Experienced software engineer who can design large scale software systems, write high quality code and tests
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying scalable cloud based backend services and APIs. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP
- Having experience in deploying AI and search services (such as vector search) to single-tenant cloud environments
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- Architect, design and implement highly scalable backend services powering AlphaSense AI and Search products
- Own and improve the reliability, latency, and cost of AI and search services in cloud environments
- Deploy AI and Search services to single tenant cloud environments
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures
- Work with partner engineering teams to design, develop and optimize our search and document processing platform
- Provide technical leadership to implement best practices for software development
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $148,000 - $185,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.