Enterprise Account Executive
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The extraordinary AlphaSense Sales team is split into two parts: Financial Services and Corporates. The Financial Services Sales Team focuses on sales to hedge funds, asset management, investment banking, and private equity And Corporate Sales is verticalized with a focus on the Fortune 1000 in the following sectors: Life Sciences, Technology, Media, and Telecom, Energy and Industrials, Consulting, and Consumer Packaged Goods. Both the Financial Services and Corporate sales teams have Enterprise and Mid-Market sales professionals, and there is an additional corporate team of sales professionals focused exclusively on Investor Relations.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished new business sales professional to join our growing Corporate Sales team focused on selling top Fortune 1000 companies. This is an opportunity to join a high growth company and sell an award winning product that is experiencing rapid adoption across all industry verticals. The person in this role will make a significant contribution in the company’s growth and future success.
Who You Are:
- An Accomplished Sales Professional who is open to sell into Corporate industry markets which could include Life Science, Technology Media and Telecoms, Professional Services, CPG or the Energy and Industrial verticals: You understand Sales is both art and science, and clearly can articulate your version of the ‘science of sales’; what activity leads to success and ultimately what you need to do to consistently hit your targets. Whether that is pipeline building, managing a heavy volume of product trials, or spearheading a complex negotiation, you have gained these skills through experience in SaaS sales, preferably focused on financial information and/or research solutions.
- Hard-working and possess a ‘never give up’ attitude: We have a highly motivated team and a winning culture. We look for people who possess a natural tenacity and desire to succeed. You set the example for work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Intellectually Curious: You know the right questions to ask and how to uncover business challenges at all levels of an organization from Analysts to C-level executives.
- Coachable. You will have the opportunity to advance your career through robust training and development programs at AlphaSense. An openness to feedback and desire for constant improvement is key to success here.
- A Strong Communicator: You have the skills necessary to explain complex financial data and concepts to a non-financial audience -- and you are comfortable doing this virtually via video, via phone and/or in writing
- Knowledgeable about the personas we sell into: Our product is sold enterprise-wide, but we have particular success within Corporate Strategy, Market Intelligence, Business Development, M&A, Investor Relations and research-related functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Cold call, prospect, conduct frequent technical demonstrations and in a full 360 Sales role, targeting corporate intelligence departments selling into the Corporate vertical markets.
- Research opportunities, prospect, initiate discussions, build relationships, conduct demos, manage product trials, and most importantly: close deals! This is an end-to-end new business sales role and no task is too small or too large.
- Forecast accurately and develop the necessary pipeline to meet/exceed quota.
- Work closely with our Product Specialist team during trials to ensure client engagement and ultimate purchase.
- Gather and distribute product feedback from clients and prospects to the sales and product teams to help us continually enhance our product offerings.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.