Staff Cloud platform Engineer (Storages)
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 4000+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Staff Cloud Platform engineer with broad technology experience across cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases,, data security and storage to join our cloud platform storage team. In this role you will be responsible for extending the capabilities of Kubernetes clusters with components and operators at enterprise scale.
This is an opportunity to use the latest cloud technologies, as you look for ways to improve our internal customer’s environments using cloud capabilities. You’ll be able to sharpen your skills in DevSecOps and platform technologies such as Kubernetes hosted in public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure while building cloud-agnostic solutions. As a Staff Cloud Platform engineer, you’ll identify new opportunities to build cloud-based solutions to help our internal customers meet their evolving needs and set up data storage governance guidelines.
- Overall 10 to 15 years of working on large-scale, highly distributed services infrastructure at enterprise level.
- 6+ Years of experience with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- 6+ Years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent expertise in Kubernetes-native Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Crossplane, AWS Controllers for Kubernetes or Google Config Connector.
- Experience with writing Custom Controllers and Custom CRD.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as ArgoCD, Spinnaker, Jenkins, or GitHub Actions
- Handson experience with all three major public cloud platforms i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Experience with shell scripting and at least 5 years of experience and solid proficiency in at least one programming language - Java, Python, Golang.
Very good understanding of database metrics for debugging performance issues and to help in scaling, data modeling and capacity planning.
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management and artifact tracking, including GitHub or JIRA.
- Experience of integrating monitoring and logging tools, namely Prometheus Grafana and ELK.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining streaming services such as Kafka, or NATs on a large scale.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, ScyllaDB, Clickhouse, and relational databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Experience managing large-scale data on cloud storage and implementing disaster recovery techniques to meet the defined RPO and RTO.
- Experience with Database Load testing and Benchmarking.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with system architecture or microservices architecture
- Experience with Service Mesh
- Experience with Crossplane
- Experience with RESTful web services and related technology
- Experience with writing RFCs and technical challenge documentation
- Working knowledge and implementation of the Airflow or Dagster.