Location: New, York, New York or Remote
Reports to: Accounting Manager
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 2,000 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 600 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by enabling strategic, financial, and operational decision making across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; forecasting; creating, tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities and working alongside other accounting team members. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Who You Are:
- Have 7+ years of total experience with a mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred; SaaS experience a plus
- CPA certified
- Strong working knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and internal controls·
- Experience working for a hyper growth company with multi entity and international presence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time and team-management skills & ability to prioritize
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Collaborative working style with colleagues across the organization
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing teams
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
What You’ll Do:
- Develop operational policies based on technical guidance / accounting policies, and document operational procedures.
- Identify and recommend emerging trends, tools, best practices that if implemented could significantly increase scalability, accuracy, timeliness and/or reduce risk.
- Effectively communicate opportunities, objectives, status, resource needs, and business cases.
- Oversee the day-to-day and month-end close process of the operation accounting team.
- Act as the initial point of contact for outsourced vendors and financial functions; escalates to the Senior Accounting Manager when necessary.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system, and a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Partner with the AP Manager to develop KPIs to ensure timely payments and effective cash flow management.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Partner with the tax manager to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; maintains a thorough understanding of rules and regulations that may impact the business.
- Develop operating metrics and recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the operation accounting team.
- Lead the search and own the implementation of various accounting systems including new ERP software.
- Coordinate the preparation of information to external auditors for the global, statutory, and sales tax audits.
- Responsibilities to change as company grows.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $150,000 - $160,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?