Location: New York, NY preferred (will consider other U.S. locations)
Reports to: Director of Finance
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 2,000 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 600 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, high-potential professional to lead our Tax reporting function and to help ensure timely and accurate reporting in the company’s growth stage. You will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with accounting managers as we build a world class Tax Accounting function.
Who You Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You have an extensive knowledge of US federal, state, and local reporting requirements, transfer pricing structures, and international tax compliance.
- Perfectionist and Curious Mentality: Data driven and detail oriented professional with a strong desire for precision in your work. You show curiosity and desire to figure out the correct way of doing things rather than a “this is how we always do it” mentality.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced environments and proven ability to deal with new issues arising as the company grows.
- Collaborative: You possess a strong desire to collaborate with others and work cross-functionally
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of federal, state, and local tax return filings with external tax advisors
- Oversight of state nexus requirements to ensure compliance
- Manage external advisors in the preparation and filing of foreign income tax, VAT, GST, and other international tax requirements
- Ownership of the company’s transfer pricing structure
- Detailed review of annual and quarterly tax provision and memo
- Prepare and manage business, property, and sales and use tax filings
- Assisting payroll in ensuring appropriate state/local withholding for remote workforce and other payroll reporting requirements
- Manage the implementation of tax planning opportunities, driving process efficiencies, quality improvements, and risk minimization strategies related to foreign operations
- Prepare documentation of tax accounting policies, procedures, and close process
Base Compensation Range*: $150,000 - $160,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?