Senior Data Annotator
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funding in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
Check out what we’ve built so far! For decisions that matter
We are seeking a Senior Data Annotator to help make a big leap in annotation and analysis of data used for AI Model training.
You will join our engineering team of world-class software experts and AI research engineers and be responsible for data annotations, testing of the AlphaSense product and organizing production releases. You will work together with the team to ensure the overall functionality and quality of the assigned module.
Brief about Data Annotations: Data annotation is the process of labeling individual elements of training data (whether text, images, audio, or video) to help machines understand what exactly is in it and what is important. This annotated data is then used for model training. Data annotation also plays a part in the larger quality control process of data collection, as well—annotated datasets become ground truth datasets: data that is held up as a gold standard and used to measure model performance and the quality of other datasets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Take the ownership of organizing and annotating data for training AI models
- Work with AI research engineers to provide high quality data annotations
- Review AI models’ outputs and evaluate their quality based on finance domain knowledge
- Understand the topics of finance documents and provide insights to AI model development
- Communicate the annotation project progress and timeline to project stakeholders
- Work with AI research engineers to monitor AI model quality and verify quality issues.
- Provide feedback to optimize annotation process and tools
- Mentor junior members in the team
In-Depth role description:
- Expertise comprehending and analyzing various financial documents such as event transcripts, company presentations, press releases, US SEC and global filings, broker research documents, expert calls, news and regulatory content, etc. Ability to thoroughly read, understand and rewrite information from these diverse sources to extract important details and gain key insights.
- Familiarity working hands-on with the full range of financial reports and documents.
- Example projects: 1) Summarizing information from single documents (eg: earnings call summarization), multiple documents (eg: summarizing what different brokers/experts are saying about a company or summarizing information from multiple companies within or across industries), 2) building a LLM powered assistant to answer user queries, 3) assessing and ranking language model in terms of comprehensiveness, factual accuracy, coverage, fluency, etc
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and data.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial analysis.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Project Management skills like problem solving, time management, prioritization, adaptability, research skills & quality Management.
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in workplace productivity tools such as GSuite and MS office.
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
Something looks off?