Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
Do you have a talent for Full Stack Engineer - Product Analytics ? Are you the go-to person whenever someone needs advice on design architecture, set up data workflow as well as having the capability to bring about core development ? Are you excited by the prospect of working with teams building exciting Products using modern technologies and being trusted to work autonomously on helping them with analytics supported by core data workstreams/pipelines and take on some of the engineering responsibilities? If so, then we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer - Product Analytics to join our product analytics function. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up the Product Analytics platform, transforming, optimizing, testing, and maintaining architectures for enterprise analytics databases, setting up data pipelines and processing systems, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The mission of the Product Analytics team is to empower decision-makers and the broader data communities through trusted data assets and scalable self-serve analytics. The focus of your work will be engineering new pipelines and maintaining, creating frameworks, enhancing existing data pipelines with new features to ensure accurate data delivery to stakeholders promptly, also support ad-hoc reporting requirements that facilitate data-driven actionable insights and decision-making
About the Team:
AlphaSense Product Development Organization is composed of great talent across Product, User Experience & Engineering – a team of creative technologists who drive the innovation, execution & delivery of our product each and every day.
At our core, we're here as a partner to the broader business – which we do by identifying customer problems, understanding market needs, and devising ways to deliver world class user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Information systems, It or a closely related discipline)
- 5+ years of experience as a Full-Stack Developer
- Build an analytics platform that is scalable designed to capture, process, analyze, and visualize data generated by various events as they occur in real time
- Built processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, data quality, and workload management
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analytics tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Has experience with data transformation tools
- Big data technologies and any other programming languages is a plus
- Experience working with Bitbucket
- Experience working with big data stack environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with A/B testing and feature flagging is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and product development processes
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines required for the extraction, transformation, cleaning, pre-processing, aggregation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL, DBT, and other data technologies
- Develop a Product Analytics platform for real-time event ingestion, storage, processing and analytics on BI tools
- Design / develop/maintain components of data processing frameworks
- Build and maintain data quality and durability tracking mechanisms to provide visibility into and address inevitable disruptions in data ingestion, processing, and storage
- Translate deeply technical designs into business-appropriate representations as well as analyze business needs and requirements ensuring the implementation of data services directly correlates to the strategy and growth of the business
- Focus on automation use cases, CI/CD approaches, and self-service modules relevant to data domains
- Stay up to date with data engineering best practices, and patterns, evaluate and analyze new technologies, capabilities, and open-source software in the context of our data strategy to ensure we are adapting, extending, or replacing our core technologies to stay ahead of the industry