Senior Software Engineer - GraphQL API
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our API team. The team's mission is to provide a high-quality GraphQL API platform used both by our enterprise customers and internal product development teams. This API is an integral part of our industry-leading financial research product, and the quality of this API will influence the success of our enterprise offering and has a significant impact on the productivity of our teams.
In the API team, you will champion and develop best practices and evolve our supergraph better to serve the quickly expanding demands of our API. As a perfect candidate, you'll be an expert-level NodeJS developer with impeccable taste for good domain design and skill at creating robust APIs.
- Multiple projects worth of experience in backend development, having built multiple APIs in various diverse domains
- Great leadership skills exemplifying the ability to communicate effectively and drive for alignment across disciplines
- Expert-level knowledge of NodeJS
- Mastery of writing clean code in Typescript
- Professional experience in GraphQL
Nice to have
- You have knowledge of modern cloud, including Kubernetes, and have worked with at least one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- You are not afraid of client-side code and know about modern frontend stacks like React
- You are familiar with Apollo Federation and with the wider GraphQL ecosystem
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form. Application deadline 22.05.2023
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry on LinkedIn or by mobile +358442444987 or e-mail: email@example.com
Something looks off?