Senior QA Automation Engineer - Enterprise / Cloud Agnostic
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
AlphaSense Market Intelligence Search Enterprise product is built for the largest enterprises and designed to be self-managed by our customers to provide flexibility to meet their unique needs through infrastructure choices across multiple clouds. It is made to meet our customers' expectations of quality and security and has built-in enterprise-grade features to fulfill complex demands at a large scale.
You will work in the team to design, develop, and deploy cloud-native solutions for our AlphaSense platform, transforming existing services into cloud-native & cloud-agnostic environments. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will help the team develop a high-quality solution — doing whatever is needed to expand your skills beyond several tech domains. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our AlphaSense platform in Kubernetes clusters running our customers' premises.
As part of the challenge, you will help design and develop tools for 40+ cross-functional teams testing 100+ microservices in Kubernetes environments. You will work closely with the cloud-agnostic team to integrate and automate quality gates into our development and delivery processes. You will have the chance to work with many exciting technologies such as GraphQL, Websocket, React front-end, Kubernetes-native, Solr-powered search engines, etc.
- Develop Kubernetes-native framework for test definition, execution, and results
- Design, develop, and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases for our Enterprise product managed on premised of our customers
- Collaborate with the other Engineering teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality releases
- Participate in the design and implementation of test automation frameworks and tools
- Continuously identify, track, and report defects and issues, and work closely with the development team to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand and ensure that customer requirements are met and exceeded
- Conduct performance, load, and stress testing of the Enterprise product
- Continuously improve and streamline the testing process, tools, and methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience in QA engineering
- Experience with testing software for Kubernetes and containerization technologies
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Prior experience working in true DevOps culture or a strong desire to do so
- Strong experience with automation tools such as RESTAssured, Playwright, Cypress, K6, and other similar technologies
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java and/or TypeScript
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools like ArgoCD, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Kubernetes-native testing framework and solutions (e.g. testkube)
- Experience with SRE engineering
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more...
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form. Application deadline 22.05.2023
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry on LinkedIn or by mobile +358442444987 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?