Director - Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis
Location: New York, NY (other locations considered)
Reports to: Chief Content Officer
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Content organization is responsible for identifying, creating/collecting, licensing, and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third-party content providers. The org reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management, content collection operations and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content sets. We value and uphold transparency, trust, and accountability in our relationships within the team and with external partners and internal stakeholders.
About the Role:
The Director of Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis we seek has strong knowledge of the Financial Technology/Financial Information Industry, is a strategic yet detailed thinker, is a master at multi-tasking and Program & Project Management, possesses financial data and technical savvy, and has a proven track record of overachievement, both as an individual and as a leader influencing others to deliver and exceed expectations.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of deep experience in the Financial Technology/Financial Information industry, possessing an understanding of various user personas and use cases of search and analytical functionality as well as a wide array of unstructured document-based, structured numerical-based and derived content sets – including but not limited to company financial filings, event transcripts, broker and independent research, press releases, news & trade-journals, web-sourced content, fundamentals, estimates, ownership, stock prices, macroeconomic data and more.
- A proven track record of managing various projects – from one-off “fire drill” projects to BAU projects to large, multi-dimensional programs of projects/business initiatives – from planning to execution and retrospective review.
- Outstanding ability to clearly identify a problem, comprise multiple potential solutions, present to and influence senior decision-makers/stakeholders to achieve buy-in and approval, finalize, plan, and lead the project plan through execution or hand-off to another stakeholder team.
- Extensive experience in composing engaging, creative, and informative presentations, metrics and status reports for consumption by various business stakeholders and clients.
- A great collaborator, communicator, and influencer across many internal stakeholder groups and external business partners.
- A master at multi-tasking with a superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet or beat deadlines and goals.
- Existing relationships with content vendors and knowledge of the competitive landscape among financial information vendors and their content sets are a plus.
- Versed in content delivery using iterative/agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills, tech-savvy and outstanding attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel/Word/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides, and Project Management software experience.
- Ability to lead/coach/mentor and manage a small team.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Take ownership of and lead the coordination of needs analysis, business justification, program & project management of a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
- Assessment of new content vendors/content sets for viability as an offering within AlphaSense products. Help manage comparative analysis/bake-offs among vendors competing for selection. Coordinate with business stakeholders and colleagues on the Content team for business ROI assessment, technical/integration analysis, revenue opportunity, and roadmap prioritization
- Assess value propositions & ROI, new content opportunities/areas of focus/prioritization through usage stats, revenue opportunity, client retention, and Win/Loss report mentions/requests.
- Support cost comparisons amongst vendors, assessment of risk profile changes of partnerships, etc. as part of the renewal review process of existing vendor contracts.
- Manage migrations from one vendor to another vendor or self-sourced content set(s)
- Coordinate with Product Managers within the Content org to document retrospectives on team performance/actual delivery vs. planned/communicated roadmaps – identify operational inefficiencies, implement process improvements, and drive time to market.
- In collaboration with the Chief Content Officer and key stakeholders within the Content org, bring together meaningful, informative, creative/eye-catching, qualitative, and quantitative-based reports and presentations for AlphaSense’s Board of Directors, Sales meetings, leadership meetings, business justifications, roadmaps, key project, and ongoing status reports, etc
- Forge partnerships with and coordinate ongoing communication, collaboration, and constructive engagement between the Content organization and internal stakeholder groups such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, RevOps, Business Intelligence, Go-To-Market, and others to ensure Content is identifying and addressing cross-group dependencies, and overall generating maximum execution and impact for the business.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback. Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision.
- Lead a small team of Content Analysts, focused on Content support, vendor and content evaluation, assistance to Product Managers with QA, drafting specs, presentations/metrics, special projects, etc.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $180,000 - $200,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?