Account Manager, Financial Services
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Customer Success team is composed of our Product Specialist group, a team of highly trained product experts as well as our Account Managers, who provide strategic guidance to our robust book of business, spanning from Fortune 1000 businesses to some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
First and foremost, the Customer Success team are value added partners to our clients. We are extremely consultative in our approach and will do everything we can to solve for client challenges through our product. We spend our waking hours obsessing over our customers and making sure they have the right data at their fingertips to make the best decision possible. We are responsible for retaining our customers, maximizing usage of the product and partnering with the sales team to uncover opportunities to grow our business.
About the Role:
The Account Manager, Financial Services is responsible for developing three-dimensional relationships with customers and key stakeholders in order to effectively retain and grow our customer base. In this role, you will serve as our Financial clients’ main point of contact for inbound queries, outbound engagement, relationship updates, and renewal discussions. You’ll need to be versatile. You will work with a variety of clients from Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Investment Banks to Private Equity and more.. In this role, you’ll be expected to collaborate with account executives, identifying new business opportunities to help expand our footprint within each client account.
While key performance indicators include retention rate and the identification of growth opportunities, the responsibilities of Account Managers go much deeper. The team also extracts a wealth of knowledge from our clients, bringing that internally to product, marketing and sales teams in order to maximize the effectiveness of our business’ strategy and communication.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-driven: You have a strong ability to develop instant rapport with new people and you’ve demonstrated success at managing and growing relationships within Fortune 1000 clients and/or financial services companies
- A subject matter expert: You excel at what you do and know how to succeed within your role -- this includes both internal and external relationship management as well as strong business acumen and commitment to effective processes and tactics
- Energetic and Creative: You possess a natural intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- You understand our business: We are a rapidly growing SaaS company and are incredibly passionate about our product. We are looking for individuals who understand best practices for client engagement within a SaaS environment; preferably with exposure to AI and/or research-based products
- Committed to delivering results: You set the example for grit, work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm and commitment amongst your peers.
- A strong communicator: You’ll regularly be engaged with anyone from an Analyst to a C-level executive and that requires exceptional oral, written and presentation skills. You’ll need to distill and explain complex issues in simple terms.
What You’ll Do:
- Maximize retention rate across the book of business
- You’ll increase and drive adoption of AlphaSense solutions into other business units of existing clients to uncover new opportunities, exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Identify revenue at risk in order to best position the company to prevent churn
- Forecast retention rates
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify growth opportunities within the book of business
- Understand the ins and out of the business, roles, responsibilities, projects, performance metrics, etc. within our client base in order to more effectively: 1) communicate with users, 2) communicate with decision makers, 3) identify white space, 4) partner with AE to craft most compelling messaging to prospective users
- Cultivate relationships with users and key stakeholders to ensure AlphaSense is viewed as a business partner rather than vendor
- Hold Business Reviews with key stakeholders
- Plan and execute new user onboarding and training initiatives
- Consistent proactive outreach with material and information that’s relevant for our user base
- Serve as our boots on the ground and physical presence within each client (floor walks, lunch and learns, etc.)
- Serve as both the advocate for AlphaSense to the client, and the client advocate within AlphaSense
- Acquire value stories and product feedback from clients. Circulate internally to assist with product development, marketing, sales efforts
- Allocate time effectively to work most closely with high and mid-touch accounts
Base Compensation Range*: $85,000-$130,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Something looks off?