Accounts Payable Specialist
About Alpha Sense:
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funding in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for recording payables and processing payments as part of a world-class accounting and finance function. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company, will have direct communications with vendors, and will have a significant opportunity to advance your career as the company scales.
- Enter vendor data, record payables in the accounting system and ensure they are processed successfully on a timely basis
- Deal directly with vendors: requesting forms, registering payment details, communicating follow up requests
- Work closely with vendors to resolve invoice payment inquiries and discrepancies in a timely manner
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and ensure that correct general ledger account codes and descriptions are used
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the payment with backup for review by the accounting manager
- Review, reconcile and prepare analysis for GL accounts related to AP and expense postings.
- Review and manage expense reports to ensure compliance with company policy and ensure that correct general ledger account codes and descriptions are used
- Review corporate credit card activity to allocate the correct general ledger codes and ensure accurate attachment of the backup supports
- Support global accounting team for monthly accrual report compilation.
- Prepare US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099s for all eligible vendors and file appropriate reports with the IRS
- Support internal and external audits as needed
- Special projects as needed
- Strong customer service skills
- AA or BA in accounting or related field (or commensurate experience)
- Fluent in English
- Exceptional Oral and written communication skills; attention to details and follow through
- Proficiency MS Office is required
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct or other Accounts Payable software a plus, but not required)
- Hours will be flexible, but some overlap with colleagues in New York City will be required
- Have experience with building and implementing AP approval and payment process (end to end) - for example, procedures for procurements, new vendor onboarding, invoice approval, invoice tracking (w/potential work on future cash disbursement projection), payment processing.
- Able to articulate the issue and project on hand and be consistent in following up/communicating status/progress.
- Willing to take on new tasks (audit support and potential working on areas outside of AP)
Nice to Haves
- Have experience working with US firm for processing APs
- Experience/exposure with month-end close