Enterprise Account Executive
Location: NYC, Remote based Eastern and Central time zones
Reports To: Sales Director by Vertical
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The extraordinary AlphaSense Sales team is split into two parts: Financial Services and Corporates. The Financial Services Sales Team focuses on sales to hedge funds, asset management, investment banking, and private equity. The Corporate Sales team is verticalized with a focus on the Fortune 1000 in the following sectors: Life Sciences, Technology, Media, and Telecom, Energy and Industrials, Consulting, and Consumer Packaged Goods. Both the Financial Services and Corporate sales teams have Enterprise and Mid-Market sales professionals, and there is an additional corporate team of sales professionals focused exclusively on Investor Relations.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished new business sales professional to join our growing Corporate Sales team. With a track record of sales success, you’ll focus on selling to top Fortune 1000 companies, specifically the largest and most matrixed organizations. This role offers a high level of ownership within your book of business, driving the overall account strategy in partnership with SDR’s and sales leadership. This is an opportunity to join a high growth company and sell an award winning product that is experiencing rapid adoption across all industry verticals. The person in this role will make a major contribution in the company’s growth and future success.
Who You Are:
- An experienced seller! You have previous experience owning a book of new business, ideally selling into enterprise clients. You have a strong track record of success in a SaaS or non-SaaS sales environment and can clearly communicate a drive to understand our customers and sales cycle.
- You understand Sales is both art and science, and clearly can articulate your version of the “science of sales”.
- Hard-working and possess a ‘never give up’ attitude: We have a highly motivated team and a winning culture. We look for people who possess a natural tenacity and desire to succeed.
- A Strong Communicator: You have the skills necessary to explain complex financial data and concepts to a non-financial audience. You’re a storyteller with the ability to communicate present and future value to folks at all levels within an organization.
- A Hunter: You are constantly working to drive pipeline through your own efforts, in addition to the support of our SDR and Marketing teams.
- Intellectually Curious: You know the right questions to ask and how to uncover business challenges at all levels of an organization.
- Coachable: You will have the opportunity to advance your career through robust training and development programs at AlphaSense. An openness to feedback and desire for constant improvement is key to success here.
- Tenacious: You thrive in environments where you can be creative to get things done!
What You’ll Do:
- Take responsibility for the end-end sales processes in your territory, targeting folks in Corporate Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Business Development, Investor Relations, and M&A.
- Research opportunities, prospect, initiate discussions, build relationships, conduct demos, manage product trials, and most importantly: close deals! This is an end-to-end new business sales role and no task is too small or too large.
- Partner with our SDR team to create prospecting plans and drive pipeline.
- Forecast accurately and develop the necessary pipeline to meet/exceed quota.
- Work closely with our Product Specialist team during trials to ensure client engagement and ultimate purchase.
- Work closely with Account Management to ensure customer health throughout the contract term, as well as closing down sourced upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Gather and distribute product feedback from clients and prospects to the sales and product teams to help us continually enhance our product offerings.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $75,000-$140,000
Additional Components: We offer a competitive benefits program, a generous commission plan with uncapped earning potential as well as equity.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.