Staff Software Engineer - MAX Digital
Staff Software Engineer - MAX Digital
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
As a Staff Software Engineer at ACV Auctions you will develop, write, and modify code. You will work alongside and mentor software and production engineers in the development of solutions to ACV’s most complex software problems. It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, deliver, and maintain four or more domains/products with many components and services.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Influences company wide engineering standards for tooling, languages, and build systems.
- Develop and implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk and liability are accounted for.
- Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages. Implements engineering wide security standards and ensures security compliance for the business.
- Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
- Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
- Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
- Manages third-party consulting resources, as needed.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
Years of Experience
- 8 years working with continuous integration and build tools
- Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
- Expert in software engineering tooling and mentors and drives adoption for new tools and tooling standards.
- Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
- Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
- Expert in version control systems
Compensation: $156,400.00 - $172,000.00 annually. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Product & Technology
- Job Function Software Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA