Director of Compensation
Director of Compensation
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Director of Compensation is a pivotal leadership role within ACV’s Total Rewards Team. The Director of Compensation will be responsible for the design, implementation, and administrative oversight of ACV’s global programs. A successful candidate will be able to balance being a strategic thought leader while supporting the day-to-day needs of the Corporate Compensation team. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Total Rewards.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Responsible for the management of a high performing team including but not limited to, hiring, training, performance reviews, and establishing professional development plans.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and implement strategic Compensation programs, ensuring programs are competitive and aligned to ACV’s strategy. Prepares and presents financial models in support of these efforts.
- Using a broad and comprehensive understanding of current compensation practices, techniques, and methods, performs a wide range of advanced activities in the design, analysis, planning, development, and administration of base compensation, incentive pay, and equity awards policies, practices, and programs.
- Lead the design of global compensation programs, including base, incentive, and equity to ensure ACV is competitive with local job markets.
- Responsible for leading the annual merit process including the design, financial modeling, executive calibration meetings, and management of applicable budgets.
- Participate in the design and setup of ACV’s Short Term Incentive programs including the development of tools and technology for tracking and administration.
- Responsible for assessing the design of existing and developing new equity compensation programs. Analyzes existing and proposed equity compensation programs for cost impact, effectiveness, legal and regulatory compliance, and alignment with shareholder interests.
- Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of all equity programs. Examines possible plan design changes. Develops specific recommendations for review by the Executive Leadership team and Compensation Committee.
- Lead the administration of ACV’s Long Term Incentive plans including budget analysis, training, communication, and delivery.
- Key member of the proxy development team. Gathers, organizes and prepares data for proxy and other required regulatory filings and develops supporting documentation and information for internal audit review.
- Assists in the development of meeting materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, including competitive data and plan design alternatives, expense and implications.
- Lead the creation and development of ACV’s Compensation education series. Training the People Team, Managers, and Teammates on program design, tools, and how to optimize ACV’s Total Rewards offering.
- In Partnership with the Director of Sales Compensation, develop and implement initiatives to increase Teammate recognition offerings to maximize retention through engagement.
- Participate in M&A due diligence and integration activities to harmonize compensation programs.
- Oversees the analysis of market compensation studies and external benchmarking. Interprets market data to determine the company’s market competitiveness.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required.
- 8+ years’ progressive experience, including designing and implementing global compensation programs.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Mergers and Acquisition diligence and integration experience required
- Effective presentation to Executive level leadership
- Strong leadership and influence skills with the ability to develop strategy and translate strategy into action through the leadership of others.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative matters that impact compensation design/structure.
- Demonstrated knowledge designing and implementing global compensation programs.
- Robust financial acumen, as well understanding of tax/accounting/legal/regulatory issues related to a variety of compensation programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy; ability to do root cause analysis, and provide sound recommendations for solutions.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time as needed.
Compensation: $162,000.00 - $185,000.00 annually. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family People & Culture
- Job Function Total Rewards
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA