Manager Engineering, Data Infrastructure
Manager Engineering, Infrastructure
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
Our engineering teams operate on a few common principles, working on interesting and challenging problems, enabling autonomy to develop and deploy the best solutions, and being surrounded by great engineers and a warm culture. These tenets allow our engineering teams to have large business impact and product ownership, which is critical to ACV Auctions continual growth. ACV Auctions’ core product provides end to end solutions for the wholesale auction experience including payment processing, titling, and arbitration. Each of these products are critical to the auction experience, but also present a large opportunity for optimization. Some of the problems we are working to solve with technology include, “How can we ingest, process, store, transform, and analyze multi-faceted data for thousands of vehicles per day?”.
As Engineering Manager of this team, you will be leading, managing, recruiting, mentoring, and empowering your team to deliver world class solutions to software problems like the above. You bring deep technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and an action-based philosophy to solving hard software engineering problems.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage an experienced software engineering team by mentoring and nurturing team members in 1:1s, and effectively evaluate and manage individual performance.
- Develop engineering solutions with a data platform team to successfully drive team, organization, and company wide OKRs.
- Lead and contribute to the development of software engineering standards, best-practices, metrics, and tooling.
- Engage externally with partners, conferences, universities, and open source groups to recruit and expand the ACV tech brand.
- Evaluate, hire, and on-board candidates based on organizational need, technical skill set, and cultural fit.
- Maintain relationships and contracts with software vendors for key data infrastructure components.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure ACV's data-infrastructure continues to evolve to meet business needs.
- Work with the team on managing their rotating on-call schedule and on engineering ways to most efficiently balance internal support needs with long-term data infrastructure improvements.
- Contribute to the code base.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering leadership or management position.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering software products.
- Deep experience with product lifecycle management and improving software products through metrics and experimentation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to adjust to changes as needed in a dynamic environment.
- Prior experience working with large multi-faceted data sets
- Prior experience working in a cloud-native environment such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Ability to engineer software solutions in modern languages and technology stacks.
- Ability to build and maintain automation for SOX Controls and Permission Management across a large public organization.
- Prior experience with domain-driven design
- Prior experience with Data Engineering, Data Infrastructure, or Data Warehousing.
- Prior experience with Apache Kafka or another streaming data platform.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and/or Docker.
- Experience with an infrastructure as code tool such as Terraform.
Compensation: $136,000.00 - $160,000.00 annually. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Product & Technology
- Job Function Engineering Mgmt
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA