Data Engineer IV - Max Digital (Data Engineering)
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a highly skilled Engineer IV in Data Engineering with a strong foundation in computer science and excellent problem-solving skills. You will be responsible for maintaining and extending our database operations, optimizing SQL queries, and designing scalable data services.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain and extend (as required) existing database operations solution for backups, index defragmentation, data retention, etc.
- Troubleshoot any SQL Server or ETL stack outages during our operational support window.
- Triage any issues with data stack (SSIS, C#, Web APIs).
- Support development, integration, and stage SQL Server environments for application development and data science teams.
- Ensure that new database development meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance. Work with internal teams on transactional and analytical schema design.
- Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Architect and build entire services including but not limited to; data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols and interfaces.
- Design, build and maintain complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites.
- Own the overall performance of products and services within a defined area of focus.
- Be empowered to lead and complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers.
- Lead team discussions to define technical requirements on new and current products.
- Respond-to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar
- 5 years' building & supporting the database-tier of SaaS web applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Expert understanding of SQL query execution fundamentals and query optimization principles.
- Experience maintaining and extending an existing codebase, adapting to pre-existing patterns and tracing the code’s path of execution.
- ETL workflow implementation (SSIS, Airflow, C#, Python)
- Experience working with Cloud Services (AWS RDS, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores (MongoDB)
- Experience writing unit and integration testing (DBT, C#)
- Expert SQL and data-layer development experience; OLTP schema design.
- Experience integrating 3rd-party APIs, implementing authentication & authorization and developing asynchronous data flows.
Nice to Have
- OLAP schema design experience.
- Experience with Airflow, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with DBT
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Product & Technology
- Job Function Data Science
- Pay Type Salary
- Alabama, USA
- Arizona, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Connecticut, USA
- Delaware, USA
- Florida, USA
- Georgia, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Indiana, USA
- Massachusetts, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Nevada, USA
- New Mexico, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Rhode Island, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Tennessee, USA
- Texas, USA
- Virginia, USA