Enterprise Applications - Mgr, Salesforce Technical Architect
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
As the Manager, Salesforce Technical Architect, you will provide technical leadership for the Salesforce platform at ACV. Working horizontally across all engineering domain teams you will partner with engineering and product managers to guide technical design and decision making to ensure Salesforce solutions are built with best practices, scalability, and security in mind. Additionally, you will work on identifying and leading critical initiatives to support Salesforce infrastructure and platform scalability while mentoring and empowering our teammates to deliver world class solutions to software problems. You bring deep technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and an action-based philosophy to solving hard software engineering problems.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Proactively identify, initiate, resource, and execute opportunities to improve processes, systems/tools functionality, and knowledge management for optimal delivery.
- Act as a Salesforce SME and a liaison between the Salesforce team and Engineering domain teams, including as an escalation point for the most challenging problems.
- Bridge current gaps between Salesforce and traditional development methodologies, bringing a reduction in risk and increased efficiency to Salesforce development and deployment practices.
- Embrace a “people first” mentality and are committed to developing team members to help them elevate their performance, grow their careers, drive value, foster high-performance teamwork, and create the “next generation” of technical leadership.
- Support the development of scalable implementation models to support an internal and external customer base.
- Work with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering managers to anticipate project risks, resolve issues, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Assume mentoring responsibility for a subset of Salesforce developers in addition to assisting with solution design, code reviews, and best practices across the Salesforces team.
- Identify risks in the existing platform infrastructure and redesign it for scalability and large data volume.
- Partner with the Salesforce Solution Architect and Integration Engineers on advanced feature design and development across ACV systems
- The ability/desire to lead/contribute to important upcoming initiatives around CI/CD, automated regression testing, performance optimization, static code analysis, and more.
- Assist with overall strategy for Salesforce user experience, adoption, and technology choice at ACV.
- Participate in Salesforce Center of Excellence (COE) leadership council.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, and/or a related field plus a minimum of five years of experience with Salesforce development or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Four plus years project experience in a hands-on technical leadership position
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- One or more current Salesforce certifications, Salesforce Application and System Architect certifications highly preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Has successfully managed multiple complex Salesforce projects.
- Strong understanding of declarative tools such as Salesforce flows, APEX programming, controllers, governor limits, triggers, configuration, Lighting Web Components, batch processes, SOQL, SOSL, REST APIs and web services
- Understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of Salesforce Best Practices and Salesforce Integration Patterns.
- Multiple Salesforce Project deployments including release and environment management.
- Deep experience with product lifecycle management and improving software products through metrics and experimentation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to lead development teams in a dynamic environment.
- Thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment where requirements and goals may change rapidly.
- Passionate about accelerating innovation and best practices to achieve global scale and measurable impact.
- A “get-it-done” attitude combined with a humble and curious mindset and eagerness to acquire deep knowledge about our business and how to add significant value.
- A great motivator of teams and have experience architecting and developing Salesforce applications.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Enterprise Apps
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
- New York, NY, USA