IT Systems Engineer I
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is seeking a self-starting individual for the role of Engineer I, IT Systems to help support our enterprise technology systems and networks. The successful candidate must have experience maintaining large-scale computer systems, have the ability to project manage, and have troubleshooting skills. The Engineer I, IT Systems will be responsible for designing hardware configurations, installing software, supporting network systems, and migrations and integrations between systems.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Design and develop computer hardware, software, systems and networking solutions to meet the business needs and technical objectives of the organization
- Serve as a contact point for IT teammates and offer troubleshooting guidance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for IT services, including Meraki, Google Workspaces, Okta, Slack, Zoom, Zendesk, SentinelOne, Workspace ONE, Atlassian JIRA & Confluence, and other internal tools and applications
- Maintain and utilize documentation to facilitate self-service problem solving and process improvement
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of systems and networks, their configuration, and performance
- Verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, restores, patches and automating recurring tasks
- Analyze and resolve technology incidents
- Monitor issue resolutions and collaborate with IT when necessary to resolve and apply fixes
- Support IT upgrades, enhancements, new functionality, capacities, performance, cost effectiveness, and business integrations
- Utilize procedures and standards to ensure operational consistency on a global scale and update documentation as required
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, and configuration changes
- Support partnership with vendors to assist with software licensing and procuring hardware
- Administer server operating systems including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Monitor system and network performance and tune performance as necessary
- Assist with disaster recovery and business continuity planning and support
- Participate in capacity planning including forecasting of needs for future IT initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 1-2 years’ related experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Experience deploying and supporting enterprise applications with a 24/7 user base
- Experience deploying and administering server operating systems
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Experience remotely configuring and maintaining iOS devices, like iPhones and iPads
- Experience administering Google Workspaces, Okta, Slack, Zoom, Zendesk, Workspace ONE, or SentinelOne strongly preferred
- Ability to visualize and understand complex systems
- Familiarity with ITIL standards and IT Security compliance standards and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding
- Ability to deal tactfully with persons in authority, co-workers, and members of the public
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
Compensation: $66,000 to $75,000 annually. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upo n the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function IT Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA