If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Accounting Specialist provides support for various financial activities within the assigned department. This role is primarily responsible for assisting with the preparation and review of financial statements and information, conducting reconciliations, maintaining and analyzing financial data, and supporting the development of standard operating procedures and best practices related to accounting and finance.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Conduct reconciliation of accounts; provide resolution to discrepancies or issues.
- Process and record accounts payable, accounts receivable, or complex customer transactions.
- Monitor and analyze financial data, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Manually maintain day-to-day operations while leading initiatives to develop systemic solutions for emerging products and services.
- Manage large/sensitive Major Account and Commercial clients while providing excellent customer service.
- Reconcile cash clearing accounts to ensure accuracy of payment application processes.
- Create and document procedures and policies pertaining to Payments and Accounting Operations in collaboration with management. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for new products and services.
- Communicate effectively with teams across the organization in order to deliver exceptional customer service
- Support and maintain the development of payment processes that adhere to internal controls and external expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ related administrative finance experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite necessary.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and inspire a shared vision, inspire, and motivate a team.
- Proven customer service skills required.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Proven attention to detail required.
- Ability to multitask and manage prioritization of tasks.
Compensation: $20.00 - $22.50 per hour. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Payments
- Pay Type Hourly
- Buffalo, NY, USA