Vehicle Condition Inspector
East Brunswick, NJ, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2023
Vehicle Condition Inspector
New Jersey, USA Req #1742
Friday, June 9, 2023
ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do
- Partner with Territory Management and the Logistics Team to conduct wholesale, off-lease and retail inspections of vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle inspections at a variety of locations including dealerships, physical auctions, off site locations and consumer residences.
- Responsible for the completion of vehicle condition inspections and related reporting and/or recordkeeping including but not limited to: (interior/exterior), repair/replacement estimates and related documentation. Identify, and assess structural damage, frame condition, and alignment of vehicle body panels and repairs along with detecting missing parts and mechanical problems.
- Take paint meter readings and perform AMP (Audio Motor Profile) recordings as well as Virtual Lift undercarriage images.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding and purchasing.
- Interface regularly with customers to develop strong relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Travel to & from dealerships, auctions and consumer homes to inspect and write condition reports and list vehicles to sell on the auction platform.
- Collaborate with Territory Management and Business Development to educate and share information on all ACV available products and services.
- Stay informed with information regarding the ACV products and service improvements, the changing demands of customers, market conditions and implement new business strategy.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers to utilize ACV Auctions digital platform.
What you will need
- Incredible Customer Service skills with the ability to understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Preferred to have 1 - 3 years of experience in the automotive field (body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge) with customer service background strongly preferred.
- Problem solving aptitude to meet challenges with resourcefulness and innovative approaches.
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from assignments and a valid driver's license.
- Prefer a working knowledge of CRM Tools, web-based applications and automotive inspection tools.
- Able to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of conditions (indoor and outdoor).
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time with the ability to lift.
- Flexible availability including weekends (primarily Saturdays) and ability to be available between the hours of 8am and 6pm with occasional evenings as required by the needs of the business.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career Development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
For information on our collection and use of your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function VCIs
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Jersey, USA
Share this job: